Disclaimer: this is a paid advertisement and does not constitute any endorsement by CENA
Nurse Unit Manager – Emergency Department (ED)
This is a great opportunity for a Nurse Unit Manger to provide nursing leadership within the Emergency Department of Mackay Hospital
You will proactively managing and coordinating clinical practice and the provision of human, financial and material resources
You will experience a wide range of clinical practice and settings that are part of a dynamic multidisciplinary workforce where innovative models of care and service delivery are encouraged.
The ED is a 20 bed unit which includes 2 resuscitation rooms, 3 high dependency bays and 15 acute beds, a fast track and a 10 bed SSU.
- Total remuneration package up to $128,732 (AUS) / (£) 75,202 (UK) per annum
- Assistance with relocation expenses and four weeks accommodation provided on arrival (conditions apply)
- Continuing Professional Development;
- Middle Manager’s Programme
- Nurse / Emerging Leaders Programme
- Productive operating theatre modules in progress
- Higher duties (I.e. Nursing Director role backfill)
- Diverse and interesting mix of clinical cases and trauma
- Challenging and supportive work environment to build relationships and achieve change and improvement
- Strong focus on team work and close professional relations with management and peers
- Launch of the Mackay Institute of Innovation and Research in January
- Competitive salary and employee benefits, Salary packaging and generous superannuation, Free parking, Long service Leave, Staff & Health Wellbeing Program
Successful Nurse Unit Manager Applications:
- You will have proven experience providing strong leadership and building and maintaining a high-functioning, high-performing team through role-modelling behaviours and attitudes that support teamwork
- You will be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Mackay Hospital and Health Service is committed to supporting the right people with visas, immigration, and relocation
About Mackay Hospital and Health Service
The Mackay Hospital and Health Service embraces a large and diverse region, about the size of Ireland. This beautiful area is known for many reasons; all of them are about one thing – Lifestyle. Nestled between mountainous national parks and the warm waters of the Coral Sea, Mackay thrives with numerous natural attractions and activities. Mackay offers a relaxed, tropical lifestyle amidst a bustling and expanding community.
It appeals to many urban professionals, seeking a more relaxed, tropical lifestyle to indulge in the great outdoors, while still maintaining a fulfilling career.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service has eight hospitals, two Multi-Purpose Health Services and two additional community health services that employ more than 2000 staff.
The Mackay Base Hospital is the referral hospital for smaller facilities at Bowen, Dysart, Clermont, Collinsville, Moranbah and Sarina. In addition, Proserpine Hospital, (located in the
Whitsundays) is a 33-bed facility offering acute, maternity and surgical services.
To reflect the growing demand for health care in the region, the Mackay Base Hospital has been redeveloped, at a cost of $408 million, which will increase the bed capacity from the current 180 beds to 318 beds.
To seize this unique lifestyle and career opportunity – contact me now to discuss these opportunities further and to receive a comprehensive position description. Contact Shane McCombes on +617 32300031 or at email@example.com