Full Membership is open to all registered nurses and enrolled nurses. Associate Membership is available to medical and paramedical professionals who wish to subscribe to the purpose of the College. All members agree to abide by the CENA Constitution and by-laws.
Top Reasons to Join
- Subscriptions to Australia’s only emergency nursing journal, the internationally recognised Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. (Applicable to full members only. Associate members are entitled to a reduced subscription rate available on request)
- Access and discounts to educational activities and conferences promoted by CENA and other participating organisations
- Representation at local, state, national and international levels
- Entitlement to membership on various sub-committees and working parties that influence policy and decision-making in emergency health care
- Access, on application, to grant applications and research funding
- 15% discount on all books when ordering via Australian Elsevier website
CENA is an Australian College Nursing (ACN) Silver Affiliate giving our members even more benefits;
- 25% discount on each individual ACN membership for CENA members
- 5% discount on ACN CPD courses
- 10% discount on ACN Leadership course registrations
- 15% discount on ACN Endorsement services
- For more information click here
A person registered as a nurse or enrolled nurse who is registered with AHPRA to practice as a nurse or enrolled nurse or a person registered as a nurse or presently permitted to practice as a nurse or enrolled nurse in accordance with the laws applicable to the country of their residence. Full members have full membership entitlements, which includes access to all benefits and voting rights and the opportunity to nominate to represent the College or for positions on committees and the Board.
The Board of Directors may admit as Associate Members any person or corporation whose associate membership, in the opinion of the Board, would be beneficial to the College. This may include colleagues from other disciplines such as medicine. Associate members are not entitled to take part in any election or vote on any matter. Nurses, who are eligible to apply for full membership, may not be admitted as associate members unless otherwise resolved by the Board.
A person enrolled in a course, which on graduation will give them registration as an RN with AHPRA to practice as a nurse or enrolled nurse. Application for admission as a Student Member must be accompanied by evidence of student enrolment, and by the fee prescribed by the Board. Student members will receive all benefits of membership with the College, however they are not entitled to take part in any election, or vote on any matter.
Fellow of the College
The Board of Directors or its delegate may admit as Fellows of the College members who, in the opinion of the Board, are distinguished by reason of their notable contributions to emergency nursing. Application for admission as a Fellow are made in writing on the form prescribed by the Board, and accompanied by the fee prescribed by the Board. Fellows shall have the rights of members regarding elections and voting.
Monthly Direct Debit Available
There are two important things to note when completing the form:
Your Customer Number is your CENA membership number.
Date of First Payment:
We will endeavour to make your payment on the date specified – however this may be subject to change.
CENA members can only chose the monthly payment schedule (applications nominating other options will not be processed). As memberships are for 12 months, you can only chose to stop after 12 payments and not fewer. Alternatively you may elect to have deductions made ‘until further notice’.
The only amount that can be processed is $19 for members or $24 for fellowship. Applications nominating other amounts will not be processed and the CENA member will be contacted to confirm details.
Membership Paid Monthly:
In the interest of continual improvement CENA is pleased to announce the implementation of a Direct Debit payment option to all our Members. Payments will be deducted on a monthly basis from either your nominated bank account or credit card. To take advantage of this option please fill out and return our Direct Debit Form no later than 30 days before your membership is due to expire. Please note this option will incur increase of the total fee as per below:
Of course CENA’s standard payment options for annual membership payments still include credit card, cheque and Direct Deposit.
PayWay Membership Pricing
|Monthly payment for Membership – (12 months = $228)
Monthly payment for Fellowship – (12 months = $288)