PHILIPPA MOORE PUBLICATION PRIZE
In recognition of publishing excellence
Proudly Sponsored by CENA
Call for Nominations
The Philippa Moore Publication Prize was established by the Emergency Nurses Association of Victoria to honour a highly respected colleague who made a substantial contribution to emergency nursing in Victoria. Philippa was an active member of the Emergency Nurses’ Special Interest Group and the Emergency Nurses Association of Victoria, a positive mentor, a motivated teacher and highly committed to advancing the specialty of emergency nursing. Sadly, Philippa died in 2003 after a short illness.
CENA recognises the importance of publication to the practice and scholarship of emergency nursing and continues this legacy to an advocate for emergency nursing. The CENA Philippa Moore Publication Prize is an award of up to $500 designed to reward and encourage CENA members to publish articles that are relevant to emergency nursing.
- Nominees must be a financial member of CENA for a period of at least 2 years by the closing date of nominations each calendar year
- Items published, including in-press items, in the AENJ in the 12 months 1st July and 30th June in the year so awarded will be automatically entered
- Publications must be directly related to emergency nursing and may include scholarly textbooks, book chapters, and journal articles that are peer reviewed
- A copy of the item must be submitted with the nomination
- The AENJ Editor-in-Chief and members of the constituted selection panel are ineligible for nomination for the term of their respective appointments
- Finalists (or appointed delegate) must register to attend the ICEN 2017 Dinner
A selection panel will be appointed and chaired by the Editor-in-Chief, Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. The decision of the Editor-in-Chief as chair of the selection panel is final.
The Philippa Moore Publication Prize will be awarded at the International Conference for Emergency Nursing Dinner. In the event the nominee is unable to attend the conference dinner, the nominee must nominate a delegate to accept the award on their behalf. Failure of nominees to appoint a delegate will result in forfeiture of any awarded prize. Winner’s names will be placed on the honour board on the official CENA website in perpetuity. Names and photos will be published in official CENA and Elsevier publications.