Click on the Calendar Link to see currently scheduled courses.
More course dates will be released when dates are confirmed, so bookmark this page or use the link below to sign up to our mailing list.
To view the 2018 Calendar please click HERE
Emergency Nursing Program
The program structure aims to build upon your theoretical knowledge and practice in Emergency Nursing and develop a greater understanding of pathophysiology, assessment and management of trauma patients and related clinical skills.
- One copy of Emergency and Trauma Care (3rd ed) – For Nurses and Paramedics by Curtis, Ramsden, Shaban, Fry, & Considine.
- Professional Development Points and a Certificate of Completion
- CENA TNP Emergency Care Trauma Nursing Manual. Detailing essential pathophysiology, assessment and management of common trauma conditions.
- Pre and Post course access to an online CENA TNP Emergency Care trauma course
- Optional written assessment. Additional professional development points are awarded if minimum pass rate is achieved
- The program consists of facilitated lecture discussion, practical hands-on workshops, skill stations and simulation scenarios.
- Facilitators are experienced emergency and trauma nurses from around Australia, who use interactive teaching and case based discussion to deliver theory and practical sessions
- Following completion of the program, you will receive a certificate of completion and be awarded continuing professional development points.
- Discuss the significance and impact of major trauma as a public health problem;
- Describe the organisational approach to the management of major trauma;
- Describe the common physiological and psychological consequences of major trauma on specialty populations; including paediatric, geriatric and pregnant patients;
- Implement a structured clinical approach to the assessment and management of patients with major trauma;
- Understand the importance of working with colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Identify specific clinical skills relating to the management of the patient with major trauma; and
- Discuss the application of performance improvement principles to the evaluation of trauma care.
Who Should Attend
- CENA TNP has been developed for nurses providing emergency care to trauma patients in metropolitan, rural and regional health services and hospitals.
- CENA TNP is suitable for all nurses, with a variety of experience and knowledge, providing trauma care