HOW TO APPLY
You cannot save your application once it is started. Please have ALL the following documentation ready when you begin your nomination.
- Nomination document which should be no more than 2,000 words (including tables, figures and references) in length, and address the following criteria:
- The background and importance of the issue being addressed
- The aim of the innovation
- How the innovation will be achieved and evaluated
- Impact on emergency nursing practice, service delivery and/or patient-related outcomes resulting from the innovation.
A panel of three (3) or more assessors convened by the Research Committee of the College shall adjudicate the applications and recommend to the College, the recipient(s) for the award, based on the following criteria:
- Impact of the proposed Project on emergency nursing practice.
- Impact of the proposed Project on the provision of emergency care to the community / consumers of emergency health care.
- Appropriateness of the proposed Project to emergency care.
The College shall determine the recipient of the grant. The decision of the College will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All parts of the selection process must be conducted in accordance with the College Conflict of Interest Policy
The Innovation in Emergency Care Grant will be announced and awarded at the annual International Conference for Emergency Nursing dinner to be held in October. A representative from the nominated emergency department must register to attend the ICEN Dinner and be available to collect the prize.
The name and photos of the winner will be entered into the CENA Honour Board in perpetuity, and published in official publications of CENA and Teleflex