New Investigator Research Grant
Proudly Sponsored by CENA
The New Investigator Research Grant was established by the College of Emergency Nursing Australasia in 2018. Its purpose is to provide funds to Members and Fellows of the College to undertake research that will be of value to the College and to the profession of emergency nursing. The New Investigator Research Grant aims to support researchers who are yet to receive significant research funding through a competitive grants process.
Nature of Grant
The grant consists of a monetary sum ($4,000), the amount of which may be adjusted periodically by the College.
Nominations will be considered from applicants who meet the following:
- Registered Nurses who have been a Member or Fellow of the College for two or more consecutive years and are current Members or Fellows, AND
- Have demonstrated evidence of service to emergency nursing and the College,
- Contribution to service improvement,
- Contribution to evidence-based practice,
- Have completed or enrolled in a research degree (Honours, Masters with a research component or Research by Higher Degree)
Applicants should complete the appropriate nomination form below and submit this, together with a brief curriculum vitae (not more than 4 pages) and a proposal that addresses all of the criteria below. DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE CRITERIA FOR THE GRANT BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION (no more than 3 pages of size 11 Times New Roman font)
A panel of three (3) or more assessors convened by the Research Committee of the College shall adjudicate the applications and recommend to the College, the recipient(s) for the award, based on the following criteria:
- Originality of the research
- Significance of the research (i.e., anticipated outcomes)
- The scholarly contribution to emergency nursing
- Methodological quality and rigor
- Applicant credentials and ability to complete the study within the prescribed timeframe and budget
- Plan for dissemination of research findings
The College shall determine the recipient of the Grant. The decision of the College is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All parts of the selection process will be conducted in accordance with the College Conflict of Interest Policy.